We have been dealing with the COVID-19 outbreak now for 5 months — and there doesn’t seem to be an end in sight. Although our need to isolate has been reduced, people are cautious about going out to dinner, going to the movies, go to the gym, and/or being part of a large crowd. Some seniors who need assistance with daily activities in order to stay in their own home are hesitant to allow a certified nursing aided to come into their home for fear of catching the disease.
Not going to the movies, eating out, or getting to the gym are inconveniences. Not getting needed assistance with personal hygiene, meal prep, medication reminders, safety supervision, and companionship can be dangerous.
Abundant Home Health Care has gone to great lengths to assure that our clients get the safest, most compassionate, and empathetic care possible. Our caregivers are educated, regularly monitored, and updated on new information about COVID-19, as well as supplied with all the necessary products and instructions to mitigate contamination.
ABUNDANT HOME HEALTH CARE’S COVID PRACTICE:
- ~ It has always been our policy to keep the same caregiver with the same client whenever possible. In light of the virus, this practice is essential considering how quickly the virus can spread, and that the elderly population is more susceptible to contracting COVID 19.
- ~ An Abundant Home Health Care Aide will arrive at your home with 2 masks ~~ 1 for the client and 1 for the aide
- ~ Because it is not possible to stay 6 feet away from client, the aide will wear her mask at all time
- ~Although this was always a requirement, our aides wash their hands after every activity. They do the same for the client.
- ~ Our Aides have a bottle of sanitizer at their disposal at all times.
- ~ To be sure our clients are satisfied with the services they are receiving, a member of our team makes unannounced visits (wearing a mask and keeping at least 6 feet distance from client.) These 1-on-1 meetings are private, allowing the client to speak freely about any concerns or praise they have for their care.
Give us a call and see how we can help | www.abundanthomehealthcare.com
Thank you and stay healthy and safe.
Director of Abundant Home Health Care